Webley Mk IV .455

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

joseyclosey

Webley Mk IV .455

Post by joseyclosey » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:11 pm

I hold this pistol under the restrictions of what's called Section 7-3 in the UK. I haven't fired it in almost two years and seeing as the club has been quiet this afternoon I thought I'd blow the cobwebs off it. Foties are pretty crap as I only had my fone and dim lighting in the range didn't help.
Anyways, a few pics.....
Attachments
thumbnail_Photo0122.jpg
thumbnail_Photo0121.jpg
thumbnail_Photo0120.jpg
thumbnail_Photo0118.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Webley Mk IV .455

Post by Niner » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:29 pm

looks like you didn't forget how to shoot it.

Considering the pistol restrictions, what happens if you wanted to sell it? Is it possible to sell it sight unseen? Suppose Blackisler wanted to buy it from you and have it locked at his range in Scotland.... supposing his range is approved as a place to keep a pistol, how would that work?

What happens when you pass on? Can your wife or a child inherit it? Can they sell it to someone else?

Sometime back, seems like someone said that a spouse isn't even allowed to know the combination to the gun safe at home over in Great Britain if the husband holds the license for the guns in the safe. Once a pistol is locked down at a shooting club range it must be a problem of some sort for the next of kin.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:25 pm

Happy are those who own and shot Webleys............well I am anyway :lol: :lol:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 am

Niner wrote:looks like you didn't forget how to shoot it.

Considering the pistol restrictions, what happens if you wanted to sell it? Is it possible to sell it sight unseen? Suppose Blackisler wanted to buy it from you and have it locked at his range in Scotland.... supposing his range is approved as a place to keep a pistol, how would that work?

What happens when you pass on? Can your wife or a child inherit it? Can they sell it to someone else?

Sometime back, seems like someone said that a spouse isn't even allowed to know the combination to the gun safe at home over in Great Britain if the husband holds the license for the guns in the safe. Once a pistol is locked down at a shooting club range it must be a problem of some sort for the next of kin.
If I wanted to sell it as a distance sale it would have to be done between dealers Robert, selling in club would mean finding someone who could meet the criteria required by our licencing system. If my family wanted to keep it (they won't) they would also have to comply with the licence system or my dealer would sell it on for them.
As regards safe keys/combos I can't tell anyone where I secret them.
Best hope I don't pass away suddenly!
:bigsmile:
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:57 am

Keys, Yous should write a book, sort of The Da Vinci Code but The Closey Code :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:04 pm

I'd only confuse myself Duncan...
:lol:
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:55 pm

:loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco: :loco:
Duncan

PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:58 pm

I always liked the look of those early Webley revolvers. I have my Mark VI Webley at home under section 7-1 but can't fire it. When these revolvers were made, no licence of any kind was required to own one in the UK. How times have changed.
Regards
Peter.