Manhurin P1

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Krull
Regular visitor

Manhurin P1

Post by Krull » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:21 am

Picked it up a couple days ago,I now have two P1's :mrgreen:

Slide markings,it has a flower stamped onto the trigger guard on this side,told this means it was Berlin PD.

This one had fake Nazi marks stamped into it :lol:

The importers mark,and Nazi stamper I'd guess :roll:

It came with some kind of commercial mag since it's not marked like any other P1/P38 mag I have (or is this how Manhurin marked them?)

Overall I'm happy with it,I'm not into collecting,just shooting,and this one is in somewhat better shape then my Walther marked P1,oh yes I believe the barrel is one piece and not lined and the sights are not the "dot and bar" of my other P1 it's just a blade and U-notch.

I got it on another forum for $325,really clean I'd say VG+ and it wasn't used much,maybe for parades and the such but other then that probably nada.
No signs of refinish ether.
:pirate:
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."-Lovecraft.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Manhurin P1

Post by Niner » Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:21 am

That's an interesting pistol. As you state, the Nazi marks are something somebody faked. Manhurin got the machinery for making P38's after the war, according to what I read. And it's a P1 and not a P38 in it's post war form. But I don't imagine Manhurin made all that many of them. Even though it would be worth more without the fake Nazi marks, I'd say you did good buying it. Thanks for showing it to us.
rice paddy daddy

Post by rice paddy daddy » Mon May 03, 2010 12:36 pm

I bought a P1 for my WWII collection. Yes, I know it's not really a WWII piece but I could not afford a P38, and at $299 the price was right. My question is: will P38 magazines work in a P1? I notice that mags adevertised as P1's cost more, much more.
There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
Winston Churchill
Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, Society of the 5th Infantry Division
Krull
Regular visitor

Post by Krull » Sun May 09, 2010 2:16 pm

rice paddy daddy wrote:I bought a P1 for my WWII collection. Yes, I know it's not really a WWII piece but I could not afford a P38, and at $299 the price was right. My question is: will P38 magazines work in a P1? I notice that mags adevertised as P1's cost more, much more.
Ether one will fit Cheaper Than Dirt has P38/P1 mags for $11.97 ea.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MAG805-36.html
:pirate:
"That is not dead which can eternal lie,
And with strange aeons even death may die."-Lovecraft.