P-64 Polish automatic

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

P-64 Polish automatic

Post by Niner » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am

I read other places that it is now considered C&R. SOG has some offered but not listed as C&R. Other venders do have the update. This maybe a good "investment" to pick one up.

This outfit is one I've never bought from but is one that is making the C&R offer. It is a company that is connected with Inter Ordnance as a retail outlet.

http://www.royaltigerimports.com/index. ... 1&Itemid=2

One note.....SOG, if they will sell you one for the same $169 price will throw in a holster along with the two magazines and a cleaning rod.

There are no doubt others with the same gun to offer as they must be divided up among several of the usual sources from a large shipment to the US recently.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: P-64 Polish Mak

Post by Niner » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:13 pm

Correction on SOG...they have them as C&R but , although their flyer says they come with a holster it was a misprint. They are out of holsters...and no offer of a discount.

Here is a link to a site that I found by a google search. Seems the pistol has more in common with a Walther PP than a Makarov.

http://www.p64resource.com/
Niner
Site Admin

Re: P-64 Polish automatic

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:02 am

Ok...so I got one. Second day air. Looks to be in "very good" condition as discribed. It will fit right in with my Makarov pistols and my Mannuhrin PP. The Mak and the P 64 have much in common with the Walther design....but not exactly. The Mak and the P-64 are both 9x18 and the Mannuhrin PP is in the smaller caliber 7.65.

The P-64 has a magazine catch recessed at the bottom of the grip like the Mak. Looks like it may have a functioning loaded indication pin like the Walther but haven't loaded it to find out. It's double action like the rest but the trigger pull is really stiff and with the hammer down pulling the trigger requires some finger power.......and maybe this is good and I think maybe designed that way on purpose.

Took a few fotos to show some of the differences and sameness.

By the way it came with two magazines and one of them was serial numbered to the pistol.
Attachments
The P-64 in hand
The P-64 in hand
The three pistols together.  The P64 in the middle and Mak at bottom
The three pistols together. The P64 in the middle and Mak at bottom
P-64 on top and the Mak of the same caliber on the bottom.
P-64 on top and the Mak of the same caliber on the bottom.
The P-64 on the left and the Mak on the right.
The P-64 on the left and the Mak on the right.
The P-64 and the Walther licensed design Mannuhrin
The P-64 and the Walther licensed design Mannuhrin
P-64 top and the Mannuhrin on the bottom
P-64 top and the Mannuhrin on the bottom
The import marks.
The import marks.
The recessed clip catch
The recessed clip catch
Proof and the 1974 date
Proof and the 1974 date
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:24 am

By the way, it didn't come with a holster......but no problem I have an extra that was just the right size. :bigsmile:
Attachments
holster.jpg
ian27
Sustaining Member

Post by ian27 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:57 am

Looks to be a nice wee pistol Robert, congrats!!!
Ian

FILL YOUR HANDS YOU SON OF A BITCH !!!
(Marshall Rooster Cogburn)
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Tried it out today. Took my CZ82 along with it to see how they matched up.

The CZ 82 holds more rounds and has a slide lock and the magazine button on the side....but it also has some mag matchup issues and even with the best of two magazines will have stopages. However, the new to me P64 shot like a champ with the matched serial number mag and only one stopage with the non matched.

Both pistols shoot really good. I was particularly surprised how well the smaller automatic handled. It was actually shooting most of the nearest to center of target hits. The only draw back is the double action trigger pull is really strong.....which in target shooting was no problem. The hammer thumb cocks real easy.

I tried the movie mode on my camera. Just a bit too close. Click on the guy in the red shirt and maybe it will play.

Attachments
pistols.jpg
target.jpg