MIROKU

Shotguns for clay, fur, feather and all other applications. New or old. Expensive masterpiece or plain and practical.

Moderator: blackisler

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

MIROKU

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 pm

You have probably heard the phrase 'Sale or return'..............well here is a new slant on the saying.

I have just been given ' On extended loan until Inheritance ' :roll: :roll: the following..................

Today I went and joined the only Clay Pigeon shooting club in the whole area and shot 2 x 25 bird DTL's with it. What a beauty :razz: Pity my performance was not up to the quality of the gun but I am sure I am going to get there. 1st 25 I scored 11 first barrel kills - did not use the second barrel. 2nd 25 I also scored 11 using both barrels..............but I am sure the trap knew it was me because I got some SERIOUS wide birds :loco: Great Fun though.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Re: MIROKU

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Now that is what I call a good start to the New Year :bigsmile:

Reason for edit: to put the second 'o' in 'good' ; but with luck like that maybe 'god' was appropriate :lol:
Last edited by Aughnanure on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Now that is a beautiful piece of equipment, the total package, wow. You mentioned "inheritance", is this something that has been in your family?
That is one of the best looking shotguns I have seen, and yes, I am slowly turning green with envy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
blackisler
Moderator Sponsor 1911,12,13,14,15,16

Post by blackisler » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:08 pm

You lucky $% £"^ &* ,That is one real good looking s/gun I would give my left arm to own one like that :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: : You are alos lucky to have a clay range open all of tthe ones I go to are closed due to the snow :( :( :(
:SCO: Robert
live life for today as tomorrow may never come
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:40 pm

I have a Miroku 3800 Trap gun that I bought new in 1977 and a Miroku 3800 Skeet gun that I bought new in 1980. They are both good guns that have never let me down, only the nut behind the butt affecting performance. You are a lucky so and so getting a Miroku FOC. I had to pay for mine. Congratulations on your good fortune.
Regards
Peter.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:11 pm

You mentioned "inheritance", is this something that has been in your family?
No Vern, a very old and close friend who can't shoot anymore and doesn't want it to be wasted on someone who doesn't love guns and shooting like I do apparently :)

I was photographing something else today so I got it out and took these for the record.

It came with the following Teague Invector Plus chokes.
1 x Skeet
2 x ¼
1 x ½
1 x ¾
1 x Full

Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Your a tinny b*****d alright Duncan. :lol: :lol:
I suppose you got ammo as well ?
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:01 am

Woftam wrote:Your a tinny b*****d alright Duncan. :lol: :lol:
I suppose you got ammo as well ?
Only 10 boxes G :loco: I have a stack of 32gram load ammo but that is too heavy for the clays. They require 28gram loads at the club so I am either going to need to buy some OR I could empty and then "reload" all my existing stuff ( about 600 rounds ) which I might just do as I have a Lee Loadall. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Duncan