New to me..........

Forum for collectible handguns from whatever country.

Moderator: Niner

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

New to me..........

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Even though it seems that everyone here has at least one of these, I'm still going to show you pictures of mine. Bought this at gun show in January, but finally took some pics of it today.
A standard model with most of the Imperial eagle scrubbed off and dated 1914. All numbers match and no renumber visible. In very good shape with 95% blueing and excellent grips, probably a rearsenal?? Seems to have a very strong trigger pull, is that normal or am I just weak. Has the big nasty CAI markings on one side. I knew nothing about them (in fact didn't know it was 7-shot until I got home), but it was just laying on a table all by itself and the guy only wanted $75 for it so I bought it! Then bought a generic post-war holster with cleaning kit and lanyard for $20 on ebay. Spent $60 for a couple of boxes of ammo and hope to get to the range by next week.

Vern.
Attachments
PICT0815.JPG
PICT0814.JPG
PICT0813.JPG
PICT0811.JPG
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: New to me..........

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:53 pm

Good for you Vern. You have turned into a real milsurp nut just like the rest of us. Give us a report on how it shoots after you have had a chance to try it out.

The trigger pull is stout alright. That's normal. But I always shoot mine like a single action. Just pull back the hammer to full cock and then shoot it. I think the NCO model was single action anyway, although most that you find are double action.

I shoot 32 S&W long in mine. Conventional bullet of the same size and cheaper. OH..... and you need the "official" cheap issue screwdriver. Looks like you got the "official" cleaning rod and maybe official lanyard too.

All of the Imperial Nagant pistols that I've ever seen are at least partially scrubbed. 1914 is worth more than the later ones made after the revolution. You did good for $75.
Attachments
tools.jpg
32SWlong.jpg
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm

The holster did come with the "official" screwdriver :mrgreen: , just forgot to put it in the picture.
Have read about using the 32 rounds and will probably go to that, just wanted to try the "official" ammo at first. :mrgreen:
It has the strangest firing pin I have ever seen, looks like it will fall off at any time. I put 14 rounds in the little pouch on the holster and could barely get holster snapped shut.
Hoping to take this and my other gun show "find" (see 'Other Firearms we have Interest In') to range next week.

Vern.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:18 pm

nice grab , mines a later version - 1944 , i like yours a lot - looks same , but i appreciate that pre-revolution aspect of its family tree , nice grab
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:53 am

Even though it seems that everyone here has at least one of these,
Well Vern, I haven't, in fact I haven't got more Milsurp weapons than any one on here I think :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
A square 10
Leading Member

Post by A square 10 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:20 pm

duncan - i have seen what you have posted , you have quality in the ones you have , no reason to compare quantity