To be amish.....

This is where you can share a funny story or joke. Adult humor allowed in large degree. Jokes that are considered more offensive than humorous will be deleted.
Reese Williams
Regular visitor

Re: To be amish.....

Post by Reese Williams » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:53 am

The other thing that makes it not work is that Amish is not pronopunced A-mish with a long a but more like ahm-ish with a short a as in father.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:34 pm

Sangar - possibly derived from the Indian; usually a low wall with side wings built to give cover from fire in areas where digging is difficult or impossible.

Origin Pashtun - meaning a fortified position.

A guard post made by the sappers or pioneers out of breeze blocks, ammo boxes or sandbags, which they tell you are bullet proof. Days earlier on a firepower demo you had witnessed these same breeze blocks letting in everything fired at them bar an airgun pellet. Damn good for the OR's morale, though the small of urine and wet hessian is enough to gladden anyone's heart.

Most sangars have now been removed due to normalisation of the Province, though they can still be found on RAF airfields - a relic of the Cold War. Sangars are handy for a bit of covert Hand to Gland Combat training should the mood suit. Can you make the money shot before your mucker comes back up the ladder after a piss? :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:33 pm

It seems most of these replies don't make any more sense than the original joke........ :roll:
I give up on this one. (as he slowly walks away, shaking his head........ :cool: )

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:57 am

Duncan, danger W**ks not as good allegedly as those nice girls near North Howard Street Mill who went by the collective term of Sangar Bangers! :shock:
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:04 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.