.22 ammo info....

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

.22 ammo info....

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:31 am

Very interesting PDF BUT the flag is UPSIDE DOWN :evil: :evil: :evil:

http://22box-id.com/world/England.pdf
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Re: .22 ammo info....

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:56 pm

It's not upside down, it's flipped/reversed. The flag is the same upside down........... :cool:

Top is correct, bottom one is rotated 180°.
Attachments
flag.jpg
flag.jpg (37.38 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
flag - Copy.jpg
flag - Copy.jpg (34.77 KiB) Viewed 8309 times
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:12 am

I beg to differ Vern, the flag on the front of the PDF is shown upside down - there should be a broad white band on the top at the hoist, here it is a narrow white band.

http://resources.woodlands-junior.kent. ... jack7.html

Having served in the Merchant Navy, Royal Naval Reserve and Territorial Army I think I know my Union Fllag :cool: ;)
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:34 am

Why isn't the red line in the middle of the white? Never noticed that before. But.... it's not like I had an interest in examining it closely either. Seems oddly unbalanced. However, reading the link Duncan provided looks like it is a case of two crosses overlaying each other, one red and the other white, and one cross is more important than the other so one is actually on top and top has to do with the flag staff. What?????? Whatever.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:37 pm

It's exactly the same as saying this is the American Flag.............
Attachments
1235px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
Duncan

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:06 pm

It's more a case of one like this: :rebel: Whoever designed that one made it work upside down , right side up, reversed left to right. However.... it's out of favor now and was a lost cause 150 years ago.

How about this one? Obvious up side. No problem reversing left to right. :pirate:

Now the Scots had a pretty good idea of how to design a flag so there would be no problem knowing which side went which way. :SCO:

:loco:
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:21 pm

No, this is the new Scottish flag...........
Attachments
snp_logo.png
snp_logo.png (14.53 KiB) Viewed 8299 times
Duncan

Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:04 pm

From the flag website......

"The UK flag is NOT entirely symmetrical! You can rotate the flag and it still will be the right way up but you can't invert it (not refective symmetry)."

Isn't that what I said, they use inverted and I said flipped/reversed.......tomato-tomahto...whatever.

So you can rotate the flag and it's not upside down. but if you flip it top to bottom, it is upside down...... :roll:

Wow, you guys really know how to make things difficult............ :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Your example of the US flag is rotated, if it were inverted, the stars would be in the lower left, so it is
upside down either rotated or inverted. Your flag is only upside down when inverted.........now my head hurts.
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:00 am

Sorry to say Vern that the ONLY correct way to show or fly the Union Flag is with the broad white band at the top at the hoist.................NOTHING else is correct :GBR:
Duncan

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:45 am

And it would seem.... if you are going to hoist a flag you need grommets on the pole side to hoist it so that would pretty much dictate which way it goes as the forward side. Then all you have to do is know which way is the up side.

At the recent battalion reunion I went to we had the battalion flag owned by the last battalion commander at the event. The "real" battalion flag is lost as far as the agency in charge of keeping track of retired flags seems to know. The flag we had was no doubt made for and at the expense of the Lt. Col. for a keepsake to remember the battalion as it was inactivated upon withdrawing from Vietnam in October of 1970. Only thing about it is that there is no pocket for sliding on a pole for display nor is it two sided. But... it had value as an object. The Lt. Col. who owned it passed on several years ago. His sons loaned it to us.
Attachments
Me with the flag
Me with the flag
Col. Jack Logan. The last living former 6/31st battalion commander
Col. Jack Logan. The last living former 6/31st battalion commander
Billy Dean, singing star,
Billy Dean, singing star,