My latest camera toy

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

My latest camera toy

Post by Niner » Sat May 06, 2017 7:30 pm

I wanted a decent medium format camera that didn't cost an arm and a leg. Got this today. Has a "speed grip" handle attachment with a quick manual film advance, a flash shoe, and an additional shutter release. The add on viewfinder has a single auto mode choice based on aperture priority and manual mode with light meter reading...which takes the place of the waist level viewer. It is the late model of the Bronica ETRS with the lens release on the side instead of the front. 6x4.5 images. Weights in at an ounce over four pounds without a the battery or film. The big question is will it work when I get a battery for it. All the controls seem to function as they should ..but the shutter is electronic and nothing is happening without the 6 volt battery.

I'll be in suspense until Monday... :cool:
Attachments
front.jpg
side.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: My latest camera toy

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun May 07, 2017 2:10 am

Well that IS a nice piece of kit, I would chase one myself is the prices were a bit lower - about $470 for anything in reasonable condition............
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 07, 2017 10:00 am

I paid less than half that, Duncan. But... if the shutter has a problem when I get a battery for the camera, it may not be such a deal. Won't have a battery until Monday....if the Amazon shipping forecast is right.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed May 10, 2017 1:46 pm

Shutter does have a problem. Sent the camera back for a refund. Back to shopping mode. Looking at some different possibilities that are upgrades from what I have. I have ten rolls of B&W 120 film on the way.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu May 11, 2017 2:20 am

That is a great pit because the kit looked in very good condition :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.