Current collection............

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Current collection............

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:53 am

.....minus my Canon A1 and the Yashika MAT 124 which are in my camera bag with film in them.........Total 19, 20 if you count the phone :lol:

Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Current collection............

Post by Niner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:33 am

According to my list... I have 75 or so assorted cameras that are more or less working. I have a few more, maybe ten, that are just parts only and only good for show and tell. As far as taking a group shot I don't think I could get all of mine in one photo without some effort as they are scattered in various places and different rooms. Now... the value of the cameras in so far as what they cost go from free.... a few people have given me some ...a couple or three are ebay buys that didn't work and the seller refunded my money and didn't want them back. The great majority cost less than $40 including shipping charges. Some of the best cost less than $20. On the top end my most expensive one cost something over $400.And most of them came in the last few years when I got the film camera bug.

Every time I get to feeling that I may have turned into a hoarder I just turn on the "history" channel and watch an episode of American Pickers and I then feel "normal" again ....relatively speaking. :loco:
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:28 pm

I sometimes watch American Pickers on TV here. Some of the people they visit are serious hoarders with whole buildings full of stuff they have had for years and are reluctant to let go, even though it will just sit there until they die and the family will then have to sort it out.
Regards
Peter.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:04 am

I thing I married one Peter :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.