Another five dollar camera Maxxum 70

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Re: Another five dollar camera

Post by Niner » Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:45 pm

Went to a gun show today. One guy had a lot of photos from an estate sale. One was of a locomotive and when I saw it and the number on the train I knew what it was. The back of the frame it was in noted who owned it, a Ph.D named Moss. Someone, probably Moss, had handwritten a remark on the back that the photo was taken in Birmingham Alabama "around 1946". There was a second image for sale with more of a side view but I only forked over for the one to compare to the others I've taken...$10 for the framed photo.

http://www.cityofamoryms.com/amory-prou ... ory/train/

The engine has been been in Municipal Park for years. I think the city got it in the early to mid 60's.
Attachments
1600.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:26 pm

Found this photo of 1527 back in her working days..... 1936.

Attachments
1527 in 1936.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Neat photo. It wasn't the other one the guy was selling either. The other one looked like it must have been taken the same day from a different angle. Besides, in the photo you found, looks like two engine and coal cars hooked together.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:03 pm

"Coal car" seems to be a generic name for the tender, no matter if the fuel is coal, wood, or oil.
In the case of 1527, it is an oil fired locomotive.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Jun 06, 2017 5:15 pm

So I guess it's a fuel tank then? :bigsmile:
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:02 pm

I couldn't resist bidding on another one. Seller relisted it for $10.50. I bid two or three days ago and nobody but me bid. There was another $8 in shipping......but if the camera has a problem the lens is worth that. Seller says working camera though.
Attachments
70.jpg