Budweiser Repeal Reserve

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Budweiser Repeal Reserve

Post by Niner » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:24 pm

Latest mass market, crafty beer. This is advertised as a Budweiser beer made from a formula Bud was using previous to the 1933 beginning of Prohibition. The blurb on the label says " This American Amber Lager has a
lightly hoppy, roasted malt aroma with a slightly sweet taste and a sharp, crisp finish."

Well...that's advertising BS that mirrors aficionado speak and shows great imagination and only an "aroma" of truth as I perceive it.

It is 6.5 % alcohol content. It tastes like beer. The taste , to my mind, has a bit of a German lager twinge to it. It doesn't taste hoppy at all even if the advertisement says it smells hoppy. It only tastes slightly sweet in the sense that it doesn't taste bitter. I think the "crisp" finish is really a notice of the slightly higher alcohol content.

Overall, not bad. Cost factor is the same as the regular Bud...which I'm not a fan of. I'd suggest giving it a try....if you live in a place that sells it. It shouldn't cost you any more than Coors....and actually taste like beer.

Oh...forgot to mention.... it's "amber".
Attachments
Repeal.jpg
slightly sweet.jpg
cap.jpg
M14man
Sustaining Member

Re: Budweiser Repeal Reserve

Post by M14man » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:35 pm

I'v tried it, and it's not bad. I won't drink the usual stuff Coors, Bud or the others make.
This was tolerable and I paid $8 for a 6pk.
Does not taste watered down like the others taste.
Aughnanure

Re: Budweiser Repeal Reserve

Post by Aughnanure » Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:24 am

M14man,

"....Does not taste watered down like the others taste"

That statement takes me back a good many years, American PX supplied beer was carried by us diggers in Korea in lieu of water when water was in short supply (village wells were dodgy), what's more, its use was (semi) officially sanctioned whilst on duty.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.