New Revolver

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Aughnanure

New Revolver

Post by Aughnanure » Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:59 pm

Just bought a .22 Brno Grand model revolver and am eagerly awaiting its arrival, probably sometime this week.

Here's a link to the seller's photo
http://www.wilsonstargetarms.com.au/26995.jpg

Looks like a Colt but has very different insides.
http://www.vhu.cz/revolver-zkr-590-grand/

Scroll down the left for an enlargeable interior view.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: New Revolver

Post by Niner » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:39 pm

Looks classic. Now you need a cop uniform from about sixty or seventy years ago to go with it. :bigsmile:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Years ago I had a S&W Model 10 in .38 special that looked like that. My son was a security guard in
San Diego and borrowed it. Got stopped by cops and it was loaded, under the seat.... confiscated.
I went to SDPD to get it back and guess what, they "couldn't find it" I was told. Never saw it again.... :evil:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:46 am

Thieving fatherless people...................
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:48 am

Vern, my brother has a story about like that. Someone broke into his house and stole some things including a 45 Colt revolver. Turns out the punks living with their granny across the street were in on the crime and were eventually caught when they pawned the pistol. My brother got some of his stuff back right away but the pistol was held for "evidence" for more than a year. The trial was postponed several times and finally came to a resolution without a jury trial and the thieves copped a plea and got a make restitution sentence at a few dollars at a time handled by the court. Time rocked on and my brother was still having trouble getting his pistol back on some technicality involving the thieves. I think my other brother the lawyer had to write them an outraged lawyer letter before the pistol was returned.

My daughter was the police department payroll clerk for a few years and says the problem is that police departments weed out the crap officers and give them jobs where they aren't likely to do the public any harm and officers assigned to the property room are usually among those they don't want but can't get up enough of a case to fire.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:54 pm

And that isn't even the most expensive story.... Before my father-in-law died, my wife's younger brother took it upon himself
to take the FIL's very expensive, scoped hunting rifles to his house, all 5 of them. Then he became separated from his wife,
and she immediately called police to come get the rifles, said she didn't want them in house. It was just out of meanness that
she didn't call any family to come get them. They weren't even his as they were part of estate. So wife's twin brother was executor
of estate and went to police to get them back. Exact same story, "we can't find them". They were never seen again..... except when
certain policemen were out hunting...... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.