New Minolta under water camera

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

New Minolta under water camera

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:10 pm

Back in 1986/1987, Canon, Minolta, and Nikon, came out with some all weather ...and underwater.... cameras for the mass market. I've had the Canon AS-6 since it was new. The other day I got two Minolta Weathermatic 35's. Got two because I was made an offer I couldn't refuse on either of them and had hopes of one of them working. Well.... one made noise but wouldn't advance film. The other seemed to be firing on all cylinders and everything working.

The Canon had the most depth expectation, 10 meters, The Minolta 5 meters and the Nikon, which I don't have was suspected safe down to only 3 meters. Makes no difference I had no intention of going down even 1 meter. The Minolta has two lens settings 35mm and 50mm. It also has a close up button for a distance of about a foot and a half. The Canon has on the 35mm and no closeup adjustment.

I mixed up some new two bath Cine color developer. Put in what looked to be a fresh roll of film in the camera that seemed to be working and went out to the the battleship to snap some photos. The shots went snap and the film advanced as advertised. However, the developing was a bust. No images at all. Don't know what to blame ..the film...the camera...the chemicals......but...such is film photography as an adventure.
Attachments
no strap.jpg
no strap.jpg (316.61 KiB) Viewed 152 times
with finder.jpg
with finder.jpg (346.09 KiB) Viewed 152 times
Niner
Site Admin

Re: New Minolta under water camera

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 31, 2023 2:13 pm

Here are a few taken with the Canon back in about 1987.
Attachments
img475.jpg
img475.jpg (101.09 KiB) Viewed 150 times
img567.jpg
img567.jpg (121.81 KiB) Viewed 150 times
img568.jpg
img568.jpg (88.43 KiB) Viewed 150 times
img570.jpg
img570.jpg (265.66 KiB) Viewed 150 times