The experiment in site management that failed.

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

The experiment in site management that failed.

Post by Niner » Tue Feb 06, 2024 10:41 am

I tried to see if I could coax guests to post by requiring membership in the message board to read the forum material. Much of what is here goes back 20 years and shows the progression of milsurp collecting in a timeline that isn't easily found elsewhere on the internet. Some of the information here may be hard to find now days considering the drying up of surplus rifle supply and lessening interest due to a number of factors centering around availability. The changes in the site did bring in new members at a rate of four or five a week. However, the new members weren't posting and so it was all an experiment that produced no positive results for keeping the site afloat.

I've changed the forums back to the way they were before in that anyone can read any post again in any of the long standing forums.

I've also made joining simpler. Instant access where before there was a moderator approval process. The capcha has been modified as well.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The experiment in site management that failed.

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:18 am

Onwards and upwards then Robert!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.