Using the New phpBB3 Upgrade

Members please check here for useful information about site features. New members introduce yourself here as your first post if you like.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Re: Using the New phpBB3 Upgrade

Post by Niner » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks for that vote of confidence. Nobody has complained much lately. However, my son who actually masterminds solutions to the problems is the one who walks on water. When he stops fixing the serious problems, like moving the board to a different server, which has happened a couple times over the years, including the move from the disaster of Ezboard, then the site will be in trouble.

Thanks to my son, as the actual webmaster, this site only costs about the value of one cheap milsurp a year. No need for donations or paid advertisements, although I might take on a paying sponsor one day or the other in the future. It's part of the collecting hobby to me. I do it only for the selfish reason that it gives me some satisfaction in doing it.

I think this board is at the moment the cleanest gun related messageboard site I know of from a technical point of view. This doesn't mean I won't listen to the opinions of those who find fault with it. And.... I may even ask my son to do what is suggested. I've made a few of those changes recently, like the double line between posts and moving the avator to the left side for instance.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:17 pm

Well I am happy with it all Robert, well done your family :D
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
biganimal
Contributing Member

Post by biganimal » Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:16 pm

Believe me I am NOT complaining about the format
I am simply asking for assistance with posting pics
sorry if my post was perceived as a slam or complaint
other than this tiny problem I rather like the new look and welcome change from time to time
Bruce
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:14 pm

No problem Bruce. Sorry I didn't give you an answer to your question. I wasn't paying attention, actually. I was thinking about the guy who was so upset he won't post any longer.

In the post screen look down under the white type box. You see the "upload attachment" button. Click on it. A window opens. See the "browse" button. Click on it and you should see a menu from your computer. I generally put the photos I want to post on the desktop. Whatever place you have them on your computer, click on the jpg you want to post that you see in your computer file. The address should then show in the window next to the add screen. Then hit the "add file" button. A bar will show that it loads. Then hit the "submit" button to post , or repeat with the "upload attachment " button and go through the directions again if you want to add additional photos to the post.

We used to have a narrow margine for picture size in an upload before the update. Now fairly large jpgs should still post at a reasonable size. Just be sure whatever photo you have is a jpg and not a bitmap. Bitmaps eat up site space and won't post by rule anyway.
Attachments
other.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:33 am

Ata boy Robert :shock: We have one of the best gun sites on the web and HE posts a pic with a fish in it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :loco:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

Always take my camera fishing. My brother keeps a record of each trip we both go on and and the date and the tide and weather, the location and the bait and how they were biting. I take the photos to show size and type of fish. Also my brother downloads the gps track transposed on a Google Earth photo. We look over the records from previous years before deciding where we want to go each week.

We both have boats the same size and configuration and take turns as to which one to use.
Attachments
Sheephead in lower Delta near Mobile Bay
Sheephead in lower Delta near Mobile Bay
Bream in upper Mobile Delta
Bream in upper Mobile Delta
Middle Bay Light
Middle Bay Light
My brother with a Speck in Mobile Bay
My brother with a Speck in Mobile Bay
GPS track into Mobile Bay.
GPS track into Mobile Bay.
dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:09 am

Is it Top Secret?

It must be Joe the whole post has gone now, MI5 in action. :bigsmile:
ImageImage
joseyclosey

Post by joseyclosey » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:37 am

My attachment didnt attach :mrgreen: the file was too large (bitmap) so i deleted it.

Plus it was top secret too :cool:

Joe ;)