Colt .22 pistol.

Probably the most popular caliber firearm in most of the world. Many of us have more than one. They also are very collectible and still cheap to shoot.
(The military trainer posts have been added here from a previous forum.)

Moderator: blackisler

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Colt .22 pistol.

Post by Niner Delta » Fri May 03, 2024 7:09 pm

I posted before about cleaning up a Krag rifle. With the rifle came a Colt pistol that was almost as dirty, but I
got it all cleaned up too. It is a "Colt Police Positive Special Target Double Action". I guess the 6" barrel makes it a target
pistol. It still has some of the blue and the hard rubber grips are in perfect condition. For a .22 it has a very hard hammer
spring, difficult to just cock it with your thumb while holding it, actually easier to just pull trigger. Didn't want to try shooting
it before I cleaned it and then didn't want to have to clean it again, so I never fired it. But it seems to function very well
and no play in cylinder. According to the serial number and Colt records, it was made in 1922 and seems in very good
condition for 102 years old. Has a Geo. Lawrence Co. Portland ORE holster, Challenger model, which was their base model.
It has scuffs but no real damage and snap still is tight. Not sure how old the holster is, couldn't seem to find any records
on that. It's possible it is as old as the pistol as the company has been around since 1857 until it was sold in the 1980s, but
no way to tell for sure. The orange plastic front sight is probably not original ... :D
Together they make a very nice set, wish it were mine.

IMG_1060.jpg
IMG_1061.jpg
IMG_1059.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Colt .22 pistol.

Post by Niner » Fri May 03, 2024 10:41 pm

That's pretty interesting. I went looking in one book for what it was worth a bunch of years ago and couldn't really find it. Whatever it's worth it would be fun to shoot I'd bet.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Colt .22 pistol.

Post by Niner Delta » Sat May 04, 2024 6:55 pm

I found it on the Colt site as I had never heard of a Police Positive.

CCF05042024.jpg
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.