My First Enfield,.......range report!

This is a forum for topics relating to all classic bolt action British design long arms.

Moderator: joseyclosey

aprayinbear
Regular visitor

My First Enfield,.......range report!

Post by aprayinbear » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Greetings & Happy New Year Everyone! :)

As you may know from my other posts I've just recently purchased my first Enfield, a 1917 Shtle III *, "peddle Scheme rifle.

Made it to the range today for the first time and here is a pic of my results. I was shooting at approx. 60 yards from a bench with bag rests. I was shooting S & B surplus ammo (reloadable and boxer primed.) Here are my results.

The taped over shots were my first five rounds, shot off-handed just to get a feel for the gun. The other ten rounds were off the bench. The ten shot spread was approx. 1 3/4", although that clover leaf is actually five shots. It should be noted that I could hardly see the front sight as I broke my glasses some time ago leaving me without, so my vision was pretty fuzzy.

Results, certainly not perfect, but given the conditions I'm a happy guy. And before I forget, I love the feel of my rifle and can't wait to see how she shoots with some reloads once I get my new specs.

Thanks to all you folks who helped me choose between the Enfield and a Swiss K 31. I know are great guns, but I couldn't be more pleased!

Shoot Safe, Shoot Often, Shoot Tens!
:AUS: :FRA: :GBR: :CAN: :IRE: :NZ: :SCO: :SWI: :NET: :USA:
aprayinbear
Regular visitor

Re: My First Enfield,.......range report!

Post by aprayinbear » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:44 pm

OOPS! Forgot the Target!

:mrgreen:
Niner
Site Admin

Re: My First Enfield,.......range report!

Post by Niner » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Great report aprayinbear. Looks like you have a keeper there. Once you get your glasses back no telling how tight a group you can get.