Chuck Mawhinney SSA M40

This is the forum to discuss your classic US military rifles from the beginning of the age of smokeless powder through WWII.
Miller Tyme
Moderator Sponsor 2013,2014,2015

Chuck Mawhinney SSA M40

Post by Miller Tyme » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Never thought I would have an interest in one of these, or any sniper rifle post 1960, but I have several internet buddies that are building M40's I caught the bug and when this rifle came available I just had to jump on it.

The story on these rifles started in 2006 with a desire to build a Vietnam era M40 replica for shooters that was as close to the original as possible.

This is there story,

http://www.chuckmawhinney.com/m40replica.html

Fast forward to this past Sunday and while sitting in an Urgent Care with my sick wife I started crusing the web for the components to do an M40 build and stumbling across this rifle for sale. After doing some checking on this rifle latter Sunday I decided to make an offer Monday morning, and was very pleased when the seller accepted it.

The rifle is one of approx. 30 un-numbered M40's that where produced along with the number 1-103 rifles. This rifle is unfired to this point and came in the original box.

Needles to say I am looking forward to some serious range time in the near future.

2 (2).png
4 (2).png
5 (2).png
7 (2).png
7 (2).png (363.45 KiB) Viewed 279 times
10 (2).png
12 (2).png
13 (2).png
14 (2).png
“The only real power comes out of a long rifle" - Joseph Stalin