SWORDS................

Things a soldier would carry other than firearms, ammo, or uniforms. Meaning equipment such as ammo pouches, bayonets, holsters, oil cans, cleaning equipment, etc.

Moderator: joseyclosey

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: SWORDS................

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:21 am

Here we go............a collection is starting.
German Artillery Officers sword by Weyersburg, Kirshchbaum & Company, Solingen, Germany (WKC)
The troops etched onto the blade are wearing Steel M16/18 and not Picklehaube helmets so I guess it is late or post Great War. 86.5cm / 33.7" blade.
Designated as 3rd Battery 22nd Artillery Regiment. There was a 22nd. (2nd. Westphalian) Field Artillery regiment, raised in 1872 in Munster.
Attachments
#2ww.jpg
#1w.wjpg.jpg
Maker Mark.jpg
#5w.jpg
#4w.jpg
#3w.jpg
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:20 am

Nice curiosity to own. The blade looks to be in good shape and the engraving makes for a big uptick in value I'd think.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:53 am

They seem to go for between $160 & $380 Robert.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:04 am

I bet if IMA were selling it the price would be higher. The advertise Arisaka bayonets for $250 for instance. Wonder what they would offer the rifle to go with it for?

I've seemed to notice that swords don't really bring a lot of money just because they have some age on them. For some reason there isn't as much of a market apparently. However, bayonets that used to be worth next to nothing are going up in value by a large percentage of what they used to be worth. Maybe I shouldn't have given away a couple of bayonets with the Turk Mausers I sold as lanyape.