SKS sear block.

Questions and tips about taking care of the weapons we collect and shoot.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

SKS sear block.

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:54 pm

The trigger on the SKS Para I recently acquired was awful. It was a long pull and was so rough that
you could almost hear it grinding inside the trigger housing. So I polished it with a wire wheel on my Dremel
and then worked it on a glass surface with 2000 grit paper until it was all shiny and no blemishes. It is still a
long pull, but at least is is smooth now. Was much more careful this time, did this on my other SKS years ago
and took off too much and next time I shot it, it was full auto... :shock: .. Threw that block away and replaced it
with one I was more careful smoothing.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: SKS sear block.

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Jan 10, 2022 8:22 pm

Looking for something to do, bought lighter trigger springs to go with the polished sear. But first bought
a Lyman trigger pull gauge. The trigger spring kit came with 2 springs, light and lighter. They say about
2.5lbs and 3.5lbs, so I put the 3.5 in my SKS. Dropped it from almost 7 to 4.5lbs, which is fine for and old battle
rifle that won't be used as a long distance sniper. The pull is still long, but smoother and lighter, so I'm happy.
The Lyman gauge is pretty nice, you can point the black hook all 4 directions. After testing the trigger several times,
it will give you and average of all tests. Yup, I needed another toy...... :lol:

6.jpg
6.jpg (448 KiB) Viewed 726 times
:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.