The spreading coronavirus.....

This is the place for thoughts that you want to share about nearly anything that comes to mind. Politics is ok as well. All notions and opinions are the view of the poster and not this site. Just remain civil in whatever you wish to express.

Moderator: Niner

Aughnanure

Re: The spreading coronavirus.....

Post by Aughnanure » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 pm

The latest up here is that all non-essential meetings of more than a few people are banned, 5 people for weddings and ten for funerals and consequently, our SSAA branch annual general for next weekend is cancelled as also will be the pistol shoot on Sunday.

The island state, Tasmania has also closed its borders and the smaller island communities have been isolated for their own protection.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:54 pm

Went to the local Coles supermarket this morn and was met at the entrance by a young lady who asked me if I was familiar with the new rules.
Negative; so she told me that I had to keep 1.5 metres distant from other customers and that I must use a basket or a trolley.
I complied and put the wrapped bread and the sealed 3ltre of milk in the basket, went to the checkout and then carried the bread and milk to the car, sans basket.
No one said a word to the woman customer who was sorting through the apples 'till she found ones to her liking.

I see the basket/trolley thing as a "Feel Good" and an example of "We are doing something".

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:41 am

The thing that gets me is that the people who are doing the talking clearly have no idea how things are going to progress or when there will be a turn in the peak graft that they are fond of showing as it rises. If a national tv sports expert were to say something like this he would be laughed out of the business: " The New York Yankees could lose 50 or 100 games this season ...or it could get worse. They already lost two of the the first six games. Just stay home and abandon all hope until the season ends some day. "

From the AP:

The coronavirus outbreak could kill 100,000 to 200,000 Americans, the U.S. government’s top infectious-disease expert warned on Sunday, as authorities urged people in and around the nation’s deadliest hot spot, New York City, to limit their travel to contain the scourge.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, made the dire prediction on CNN’s “State of the Union,” adding that millions in the U.S. could become infected.

As of Sunday morning, the U.S. had about 125,000 infections and 2,200 deaths, according to the running tally kept by Johns Hopkins University, though the true number of cases is thought to be higher, because of testing shortages and mild cases that may have gone unrecognized or unreported.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:56 am

We are now limited to meetngs/groups/ whatever of only two people; what can two people do?

Hmmm!

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 30, 2020 1:53 pm

The AP had this story today about Governor Eric Garcetti greeting Navy hospital ship Mercy in Los Angeles on a day he shuts LA down and threatened to arrest any business owner that doesn't comply. Notice the hat he is wearing. Wonder if he knows who the Sullivan Brothers were? Hardly encouraging since their claim to fame is that they all went down in the same ship.

https://apnews.com/0f42633108b31870cb7f5fd3071381a3

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sullivan_brothers
Attachments
API.jpg
Sullivan.jpg
Sullivan.jpg (18.66 KiB) Viewed 99 times
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Mar 30, 2020 9:16 pm

WA state has the 2nd most virus deaths, 3rd most cases. The idiotgovernor (yes, one word)
of the state had asked Trump to send one of the only 2 Navy hospital ships to Seattle. But since
the liberals have made this a sanctuary state and fights the Feds about any and every immigration
issue and pisses off Trump at every turn, obviously Trump sent the 2 ships to L.A. and NYC......
And I don't blame him!!
Thanks a lot governor, he is such an asshole...... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:46 am

What about this :lol:
Screen-Shot-03-31-20-at-09.41-AM.jpg
AND of the four :roll: on the motorbike only one helmet!!!!

This is for Eoin in particular :razz: :razz: :razz:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:45 am

Apparently it isn't against the law to ride four on a motorcycle in most of the world. Wonder where the cop got the virus helmet?
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:42 am

CHINA!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:25 am

Duncan,

I'll show that picture to my wife when she comes home on Saturday'

Two cases in Inverell where she is nursing but, thankfully, both are home isolated and not requiring hospital help, although the hospital has set up a couple of isolation rooms.

Two cases also in Glen Innes, I don't know their status yet.
I'm taking the Government's advice and staying at home.

Queensland is the latest State to shut gunshops but held compulsory Local Council elections on Saturday, thus ensuring that many people would be out and interacting.

Hypocrisy springs to mind.

Eoin.