ANOTHER ONE FOR EOIN!!

This is where you can share a funny story or joke. Adult humor allowed in large degree. Jokes that are considered more offensive than humorous will be deleted.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

ANOTHER ONE FOR EOIN!!

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Dec 10, 2020 11:54 am

Life in the Australian Army..

Text of a letter from a kid from Eromanga to Mum and Dad. (For those of you not in the know, Eromanga is a small
town, 100 km west of Quilpie in the far south west of Queensland )

Dear Mum & Dad,

I am well. Hope youse are too. Tell me big brothers Doug and Phil that the Army is better than workin' on the station - tell them to get in bloody quick smart before the jobs are all gone !

I wuz a bit slow in settling down at first, because ya don't hafta get outta bed until 6am. But I like sleeping in now, cuz all ya gotta do before brekky is make ya bed and shine ya boots and clean ya uniform. No bloody horses to get in, no calves to feed, no troughs to clean - nothin' ! ! Ya haz gotta shower though,
but it’s not so bad, coz there's lotsa hot water and even a light to see what ya doing !
At brekky ya get cereal, fruit and eggs but there's no kangaroo steaks or goanna stew like wot Mum makes. You don't get fed again until noon and by that time all the city boys are buggered because we've been on a 'route march' - geez its only just like walking to the windmill in the bullock paddock ! !
This one will kill me brothers Doug and Phil with laughter. I keep getting medals for shootin' - dunno why. The bullseye is as big as a bloody dingo's arse and it don't move and it's not firing back at ya like the Johnsons did when our big scrubber bull got into their prize cows before the Ekka last year ! All ya gotta do is make yourself comfortable and hit the target - it's a piece of piss ! ! You don't even load your own cartridges, they comes in little boxes, and ya don't have to steady yourself against the rollbar of the roo shooting truck when you reload !
Sometimes ya gotta wrestle with the city boys and I gotta be real careful coz they break easy - it's not like fighting with Doug and Phil and Jack and Boori
and Steve and Muzza all at once like we do at home after the muster.
Turns out I'm not a bad boxer either and it looks like I'm the best the platoon's got, and I've only been beaten by this one bloke from the Engineers - he's 6 foot 5 and 15 stone and three pick handles across the shoulders and as ya know I'm only 5 foot 7 and eight stone wringin' wet, but I fought him till the other blokes carried me off to the boozer.
I can't complain about the Army - tell the boys to get in quick before word gets around how bloody good it is.

Your loving daughter,
Susan :AUS: :AUS:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Re: ANOTHER ONE FOR EOIN!!

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Originally about a girl from the hills of Tennessee, only without the Australian jargon.
Most jokes are changed to fit the location they are told.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:59 am

I've known a few girls like that!

Reminds me of one that I know, now in her eighties who married a mate of mine.

She was very feminine but brought up on a remote property in the bush and with four older brothers.
A group of us were there on a shooting trip, including her future husband and we were shooting at a golf ball on top of a fence post with a 1911 Colt.

We'd all missed and she walked past and remarked that we didn't seem to be much good, the owner of the pistol said: "Well, you have a go". She took the pistol, snapped a shot at the ball which disappeared down the paddock, put the pistol on safe, handed it back and walked off without a word.

She was an accomplished horsewoman and rode to school each day and like many of her generation could ride sidesaddle if the occasion demanded.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:55 pm

Ya gotta love a woman like that..... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.