The lord and protection by faith

This is where you can share a funny story or joke. Adult humor allowed in large degree. Jokes that are considered more offensive than humorous will be deleted.
Niner
Site Admin

The lord and protection by faith

Post by Niner » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:25 am

A flood strikes a small Southern town, where an old pastor sits rocking on his porch when the neighbors pull up with an aluminum fishing boat. They plead for the preacher to get in, but he insists he’ll be fine.

“The Lord will take care of me,” he tells them.

The water rises. The preacher is on his roof when the sheriff’s department arrives with a rescue boat. But again he declines.

“The Lord will take care of me,” he tells them.

The water rises. The preacher is standing on his chimney when the National Guard flies overhead in a helicopter. They drop a rope ladder to him. But he waves them away.

“The Lord will take care of me,” he shouts before they fly on.

An hour later the preacher arrives at the Pearly Gates, where St. Peter asks what the heck he’s doing there. The preacher is confused, too. He says he thought the Lord would take care of him.

“Well, we sent two rowboats and a helicopter,” St. Peter says. “What more did you expect?”
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The lord and protection by faith

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:35 pm

On a similar note......................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFDpFNgbkbQ :bigsmile:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.