Mailbox.....

This is where you can share a funny story or joke. Adult humor allowed in large degree. Jokes that are considered more offensive than humorous will be deleted.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Mailbox.....

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:51 pm

2222 (2).jpg
2222 (1).jpg

I pass by this ancient mailbox every day on my way to work. The old rusty box is nailed to an oak that has to be 150 years old. After 3 years of passing it by I decided to open the box to see if anything was inside. After all, there isn’t even a house nearby to which it could possibly serve anyway. Any home it serviced was long ago torn down I’m sure. I noticed an ancient letter inside as you can see in picture #2. I looked at the post mark date and it said July 7, 1903. Due to age and moisture the addressee on the envelope was not readable, so I opened up the envelope hoping to find some local history and a good story I could share with you. Here is what the letter inside said. “We have been trying to reach you about your cars extended warranty."

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Mailbox.....

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:06 pm

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: