Some new, some old.

This is where you can share a funny story or joke. Adult humor allowed in large degree. Jokes that are considered more offensive than humorous will be deleted.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Some new, some old.

Post by Niner Delta » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:17 pm

As I’ve grown older, I’ve learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake.

I’m responsible for what I say, not what you understand.

Common sense is like deodorant. The people who need it the most never use it.

My tolerance for idiots is extremely low these days. I used to have some immunity built up, but obviously there's a new strain out there.

It’s not my age that bothers me, it’s the side effects.

As I watch this generation try and rewrite our history, one thing I'm sure of .. it will be misspelled and have no punctuation.

Me, sobbing: "I can't see you anymore ... I'm not going to let you hurt me again."
My Trainer: "It was one sit-up.”

As I’ve gotten older, people think I’ve become lazy. The truth is I’m just being more energy efficient.

I haven't gotten anything done today. I've been in the Produce Department trying to open this stupid plastic bag.

If you find yourself feeling useless, remember it took 20 years, trillions of dollars, and four presidents to replace the Taliban with the Taliban.

Turns out that being a "senior" is mostly just googling how to do stuff.

I want to be 18 again and ruin my life differently. I have new ideas.

I'm on two diets. I wasn't getting enough food on one.

I put my scale in the bathroom corner and that's where the little liar will stay until it apologizes.

My mind is like an internet browser. At least 19 open tabs, 3 of them are frozen, and I have no clue where the music is coming from.

Hard to believe I once had a phone attached to a wall, and when it rang, I picked it up without knowing who was calling.

Apparently RSVPing to a wedding invitation "Maybe next time" isn't the correct response.

So you’ve been eating hot dogs and McChickens all your life, but you won’t take the vaccine because you don’t know what’s in it?

Sometimes the Universe puts you in the same situation again to see if you’re still a dumbass.

There is no such thing as a grouchy old person. The truth is, once you get old you stop being polite and start being honest.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Some new, some old.

Post by Niner » Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:38 pm

Lots of good ones there, Vern. One not on the list is:"No matter where you go. No matter what you do. There you are." That's a line that has stuck with me for over 50 years. It would mysteriously come to the surface in places like a rice paddy in the middle of a rainy night in Vietnam or waking up in an intensive care ward after an emergency operation for a ruptured gallbladder or in a church saying "I do" to something that I had no idea how it would work out or how long I would have to keep that promise.