RIC Carbine Survival Rate Anomaly

This is a forum for topics relating to all classic bolt action British design long arms.

Moderator: joseyclosey

coggansfield
Regular visitor

Post by coggansfield » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:04 am

Friends,

As you may have seen from an earlier posting at this forum, I am doing research into, and building a database on, Lee-Enfield RIC pattern carbines. At present, the spreadsheet stands at 155 carbines, which is about 1.4 percent to the total made.

One thing is immediately noticeable: The survival rate among those rack numbered from 1 to 2000 is far, far higher than those numbered above 2000, the figures being about 3.2 percent (1-2000) and 0.76 percent (2000 and up), respectively. I have no immediate explanation for this.

If you own a carbine rack numbered above 2000, I would particularly like to hear from you please. If you have such a carbine, and know its provenance, please get in touch with me.

If your carbine is numbered below 2000, I’m more than happy to hear from you too.

Coggo
Dpmunro9@gmail.com
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: RIC Carbine Survival Rate Anomaly

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:43 pm

Afraid I can't help with your quest Coggo BUT I did find this on YouTube - very interesting and a weapon would love to have in my collection. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrkUtVbV45Q
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
coggansfield
Regular visitor

Re: RIC Carbine Survival Rate Anomaly

Post by coggansfield » Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:26 pm

Yep, got this one, thanks. Interesting crude Union flag scratched onto the butt just to the left of the brass disc.

Coggo