Just for the heck of it

This is a forum for topics relating to all classic bolt action British design long arms.

Moderator: joseyclosey

Niner
Site Admin

Just for the heck of it

Post by Niner » Sat May 16, 2020 3:57 pm

I hardly ever post about milsurps now days. Just to show I still have some I post this photo I just took of most of my Enfield collection. It's easier than taking one rifle and examining it again and reminding myself of what I used to know about it. I'm not altogether sure I can identify one model from another any longer anyway. Sad to say. :oops:
Attachments
P1000190.jpg
PeterN2

Re: Just for the heck of it

Post by PeterN2 » Sun May 17, 2020 2:03 pm

A nice collection of Lee Enfields. A couple of SMLEs and an Indian wire bound grenade launcher rifle and a No.4 and No.5. Do you ever shoot any of them?
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun May 17, 2020 3:29 pm

I've got another No. 5 and another 4MK1. I've got the grenade cup for the wire wrap as well.

I've got this eye thing with my right shooting eye. Makes seeing out of that eye fuzzy and objects take on a more or less hourglass shape. It's a swelling where the optic nerve comes in and may or may not ever get back to normal although I've been taking some prescribed eye drops for the condition. Doctor's appointment canceled by Doctor's office for last month because of the pandemic. Guess my eyesight isn't considered of importance relative to the corona virus chances in a doctors office. Doctor has told me conflicting things about a recovery. To make a long story short.....no shooting in a good while. I have reloaded a few times for the 303 and have a supply of rounds. Maybe I could take up shooting left handed when the range opens up again.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Sun May 17, 2020 10:11 pm

I'm in the same situation as you, they were going to replace the lens in both my eyes in April.....
we know how that went. Just waiting for things to settle down before doing it now.
Not sure how long after that before I can shoot?

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.