Thinking about having a patch and pin made for site

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Thinking about having a patch and pin made for site

Post by Niner » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:18 pm

I have a halfway idea for a pin and no idea for a patch. Any artists out there? Submit any design for either in this string and if we use it you get one free.. It would be the least I could do. :bigsmile: Make that two free....even I am not that cheap.
Last edited by Niner on Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:06 am

Great idea.

Eoin.
Niner
Site Admin

I have placed an order

Post by Niner » Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:43 pm

I have ordered a hundred pins and a hundred patches. They should be ready in about four weeks. The basic design should look something like the attached image but with no background and the edges of the pin should be metal with an antique silver finish as well as the letters in the Milsurp After Hours banner, more like the original banner.

I should have proofs in the near future and will post them.

My present thought is to open a paypal donation account so anybody from anywhere can contribute to the upkeep of the site. I will offer the pins and patches as a thankyou for donations. I think the way it will work is if anyone contributes $10 to the site they can have their pick of pin or patch. If someone should contribute $15 to the site they can have one of each. Additional $5 can produce a choice of either patch or pin at time of contribution. Postage to anywhere paid as part of the donation.

It doesn't take much to maintain this site so extra money, if this goes over well, can be put to use as prizes for milsurp matches or other projects as it comes to mind.
Attachments
pin.jpg
dhtaxi

Post by dhtaxi » Thu Oct 13, 2005 6:29 pm

Ill have a portion of that.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:37 am

Ah take it, Suh, thet you are talkin Yankee dollahs?
Niner
Site Admin

THe reason for Paypal

Post by Niner » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:29 am

Eoin, by using Paypal the money should convert from whatever a contributor's national money is to US dollars. The contribution value is whatever the equal amount in other currencies would be to US dollars.
Tom-May
Leading Member

Post by Tom-May » Fri Oct 14, 2005 11:41 am

OK, so after I've set up Paypal, how do I send the money?

Tom
The Truth IS Out There, The lies are in your head. (T. Pratchett - 'Hogfather'))
Niner
Site Admin

Thanks Tom for wanting to get started

Post by Niner » Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:36 pm

I appreciate your interest in supporting the site. I haven't setup the account for this site yet. The pins and patches should be in my hands in about four weeks. At that time I'll setup the donation through Paypal account.

As I get donations I'll get addresses through emails as to details about patches and pins and where to mail them.
Niner
Site Admin

I know I posted this in the Announcements forum

Post by Niner » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:42 pm

Forgot I had this string going. But things are moving along. Designs.. such as they are... have been chosin and the orders are out for both pins and patches. Here is an attachment of the prototype for the patch. It will have a backing that allows you to iron it on something. I'll have to see the real thing before I have a real opinion of them.
Attachments
25178.jpg
Woftam
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Woftam » Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:25 am

I'd be interested in this. Any pictures of the pins ?