Nostalgia gun advertisments

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner
Site Admin

Nostalgia gun advertisments

Post by Niner » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:29 pm

Some of these are from as long ago as 1994 and some from as late as 2008. In any case....none of them are good any longer as advertisements and more of them than not are out of business. These were in Surplus Firearms which was a now and again publication of Guns & Ammo.

Mitchell Mausers is one that generally got bad press in the gun circles. However, if they could produce today what they were advertising then for the same prices to the general retail market....no O3 license discount... they would be given higher marks for the starting model K98's even without the lack of integrity factor weighed in. I'm not sure they still exist.

The Gibbs Military Collector's Club got a lot of people applying for their C&R license back in the day. They gave you step by step instructions and held your hand while filling out the paperwork. Gibbs had a newsletter, if you paid your dues and joined the club, and it was full of articles of all the "experts" as recognized by Tuco and whatever other gun message boards. I still got a stack of those insider publications with special offers to members only. No secret decoder ring was offered though..rats. Gibbs was a step child of Navy Arms which dealt in BP guns and bastardized milsurps and some non screwed with import milsurps.
Attachments
img808.jpg
img807.jpg
img806.jpg
img805.jpg
img804.jpg
img802.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Nostalgia gun advertisments

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:52 pm

I have bought things from 2 of them..... :D

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Nostalgia gun advertisments

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:21 pm

Samco Global Arms went bankrupt in about 2015. I found a couple of old advertisements I had held onto for some reason. One is a page from the 2000 flyer and the other the identical offerings for 2001. Notice the slight creep in prices for the Swedish M96 long rifle and the M38 short rifle. Almost hidden is the later listing, of the Mauser Oberndorf M96.

Click on the images to make larger.
Attachments
img854.jpg
img855.jpg