Gun show today....

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Gun show today....

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:46 pm

First gun show I have been to for a couple of years. Not a large gathering as it is a fairly small town that
held the show, about 20,000 population. Certainly not the huge shows I went to in Tucson...... oh well.
I would guess there was about 50-60 sellers, some with several tables, and surprisingly few selling trinkets.
Lots of ammo at prices that will make your eyeballs bleed. My friend and I had never seen prices like this,
way more than what you pay online, even adding shipping on. Example of the shockers was white box Winchester
9mm for $1 a round, I can buy it online (it's available) including shipping and tax, delivered to my house for
46¢ a round. Why would I pay twice as much at a gun show? There were prices like that on every table.
A lot of guns for sale, I think guys pull them out of the closet and just triple what they bought them for. Many
MN91 for $500 to $600, same price for anything with a Mauser action, even hunting conversions. No AR black rifles for
under $1000 and larger calibers way above that. A couple of M1 Garands for almost $2000, didn't look in the
best of shape. Even the magazines were priced so frigging high. There was nothing that I thought was a reasonable
price in the whole place, it was fun to look at things but neither of us was ever tempted to pull out a wallet.
But it was worth it just to get out of the house and go do something...... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Gun show today....

Post by Niner » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 pm

Looks like the greed pandemic has set in among the sellers. Wonder if the dealers were selling anything at those prices.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:42 pm

Got this in the junk mail. AIM is having an ammo sale. Wolf 9mm $16.95 for 50. Not great by years gone by...but better than the gun show. That would be about 34 cents a round....but there is some kind of shipping charge.

https://aimsurplus.com/ammunition/ammo- ... 362f4a41ff
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:22 pm

Of course everything we saw was first day prices. Never made any offers to see how fixed the
prices were, maybe better deals on Sunday afternoon? I'll never know...... :roll:
Did see one guy walking around with a SMLE on his shoulder, didn't bother to ask for a price.
Never saw a gun, or anything actually, walk out the door. But like I said, first day.

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:36 am

We haven't had a gun show near here for over 2 years.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
ArchFluffy

Post by ArchFluffy » Mon Sep 06, 2021 10:09 am

I have not gone to a gun show since the pandemic started.

Here the big show has a limit on the number of people allowed in the building at a time. Word from a friend is that you can spend the day in the paring lot and still not get in. The result is that they end up with two markets - indoor and outdoor. I guess the better deals are found outside where you can literally buy stuff out of some guy's trunk.

-ArchFluffy
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:12 pm

That reminds me of a couple years back when cities were having gun "buy backs"...... were offering less
than value and guys were buying from the people standing in line.
They got some good deals for cash only..... the good old days...... :mrgreen: