Parallax Bill's forum

This is the forum for general Milsurp gun topics that don't fit some place else.

Moderator: Niner

BOLOMK1
Sustaining Member

Parallax Bill's forum

Post by BOLOMK1 » Tue Mar 29, 2022 8:14 pm

I just tried to access the old Parallax forum and it appears to be deactivated. Sad. We had a lot of fun there over the years!
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Parallax Bill's forum

Post by Niner » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:43 pm

It was really rocking about 20 years ago. I was one of the original moderators before I started my own site. Maybe it's not all gone, just more tapatalk crap happening maybe. I could tell you tales of pain and anguish over the original version of what became tapatalk which was called EZboard. This site was one of those original Ezboard sites that suffered the first big crash in about 2004. Parallax Bill's site was such a big cash cow the site provider cushioned the blow and had saved most of his post strings...but only about half of mine. The EZboard providers were probably knocking down a couple thousand a month off of Parralax at the highest point. The old pay up or it's going away worked pretty good back in the day when milsurp collecting was at an all time high. This site was a little fish and probably only netted them less than a hundred a month. Gunboards, never an ezboard site and a stand alone site at the crash of ezboard, rode that same mantra of give us some money or we are going away, like most other messageboards, for a long time. Ezboards revived as something else and then much later into Tapatalk.

Nobody has donated much of anything to this site in recent years....yet.... somehow it's still here. Thanks to my son providing free server space for the most part. The biggest expense is paying the .com name license every so often. However, if it crashes again that's going to be all she wrote.
rice paddy daddy

Re: Parallax Bill's forum

Post by rice paddy daddy » Fri Aug 11, 2023 4:07 pm

I just tried it, got an error message "forum disabled"
There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result.
Winston Churchill
Member: VFW, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, Society of the 5th Infantry Division