So what guns are used to commit the most crimes in the US?

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner
Site Admin

So what guns are used to commit the most crimes in the US?

Post by Niner » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:34 am

We hear a lot about mass killings with "black " rifles. The anti gun factions are working on all sorts of laws to limit or confiscate them. However, the everyday criminal isn't using a "black gun". He isn't even using a rifle.

In Alabama there is this story.
Montgomery Mayor Steven Reed joined 11 other mayors across the country in contributing data on the manufacturers of guns used in crimes for a report released Wednesday.

The top manufacturer of recovered crime guns was a Glock in 9 of the 12 reporting cities. On average, over 1.5 times more Glocks were recovered than the second leading manufacturer in each of those nine cities. Five gun manufacturers accounted for over half of the recovered crime guns: Glock (16.6 percent), Taurus (12.4 percent), Smith & Wesson (11.8 percent), Ruger (6.5 percent), and Polymer80 (3.8 percent). Collectively across this sample of 12 cities, these five manufacturers accounted for nearly 10,000 recovered crime guns in 2021.

“As state legislatures continue to pass permitless carry bills that will make gun violence worse, local leaders are committed to continue exploring every possible avenue to keep our communities safe,” Reed said. “This public health crisis is worsened by members of the gun industry who operate in the shadows and we’re gathering at this summit to share strategies on how to take the fight to those gun manufacturers and dealers.”
https://www.alreporter.com/2022/07/21/m ... in-crimes/
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: So what guns are used to commit the most crimes in the US?

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:44 pm

To be 100% honest, I think that the figures are irrelevant because guns don't kill anyone - people with guns ( and other things ) kill people.
Stop looking at the tools and clamp down on the people who abuse the ownership of them.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:29 pm

Duncan...... That would require more expense for the various government levels, such as more expensive
background checks, more mental health expenses, more criminals in prisons, etc.
But if you go after the gun manufacturers, then you can sue them and make money and make it look like you
are making progress against criminals. Of course criminals have no money, so sue the makers with deep pockets
and try to put them out of business. What most gun-banners won't admit is that it is already too late.
There are so many millions of guns that no matter what they do, there will still be millions of guns out there.
It will make no difference to criminals, all they can do is try to take guns from the wrong people, the law abiding
ones that will never use them in a crime...... :roll:

Damn, I twisted my ankle stepping down off my soapbox..... :mrgreen:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:52 am

Tis true o' wise one, :cool: :cool:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Aughnanure

Post by Aughnanure » Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:52 pm

Quite simple, breach loaders.
Self Defence is not only a Right, it is an Obligation.

Eoin.