At it again.....

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

At it again.....

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:02 pm

Well the liberal state of Washington is at it again. They are offering a $150 buy-back on your
bump-stock. But there is a lot of fine print......
If you turn them into law enforcement the state will send you a check for $150...... if you furnish them
your name and address. So now they know you have rifles that you can use a bump-stock on.... :mad:
There is only $150,000 of buy back funds, so only the first 1000 will get a check. It's first come, first serve,
so they hope there will be a rush to start with. Anyone after 1000 will never see the stock again,
ooops sorry they will say. I would rather destroy it myself than give it to the state.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: At it again.....

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:37 am

Every silver lining has a black cloud attached to it!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: At it again.....

Post by Niner » Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:32 am

From what I see online bump stocks cost about $200. That means a 25% loss on investment..... if turned in and money received. And.....as you say.....a list of those who turned one in will be on file as being a gun fancier one step beyond hunter and therefore somehow a potential suspect for potential as well as actual gun crimes. Why would anyone take advantage of this offer?