NRA on the rocks

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner
Site Admin

NRA on the rocks

Post by Niner » Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:30 am

The NRA is incorporated in New York. The New York attorney general is seeking to have the NRA dissolved and broken up. And... it's not without a lot of real reasons. The organization has been going bankrupt quickly over the last decade or so under what is apparently a lot of corruption at the top, starting with Wayne La Pierre who has solidified his nearly absolute control of the organization and it's money. Only people who have not been paying attention to what has been going on for years are likely to remain contributing members at the grass roots level.

https://apnews.com/056b7845ad1a35a68a4bf837329d9f6f
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: NRA on the rocks

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:40 pm

There was a big article about this in today's Seattle Times. I'm sorry to see the liberals are slowly
winning the gun issues and I'm not buying any new guns just to have them banned. Maybe I'll find a
new hobby....... :evil:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:44 am

Shooting Liberals? :roll: :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:34 am

If members of the NRA were to revolt against what the organization has become and refuse to donate money it might go back to what it was several decades ago with a less predatory and more focused agenda ...if it can get rid of Wayne and the back room boys and their golden parachutes first. However, there seems to be no way to eject the entrenched corruption at the top of the pyramid. It's not about liberal or conservative it's about crooks or no crooks running the show.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:18 am

Someone should start a "Real NRA" as a breakaway unit and stop all the pigs from getting their snouts in the feeding trough...........
Ask the Russians or the Chinese to hack the list of NRA members and then proposition them :loco:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.