Tighter Controls in France

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Tighter Controls in France

Post by DuncaninFrance » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:36 am

Looks like we are about to be forced to record all out firearms on a virtual gunrack on line from next May :evil: :evil: :evil:

A translated guide............

"REGULATIONS
Information note on the regulation of hunting weapons - Category C.
Decree 2013-700 of July 30, 2013, amended by decree 2018-542 of June 29, 2018 (deletion of category D1) and more recently by decree January 27, 2017 / 2021-536 of April 30, 2021 (creation of the SCAE).
In order to help you manage the paperwork associated with your personal weapons, here are some of the most frequently asked questions, and their answers.

Do I have to declare all the weapons in my possession?

As of 08/01/2021, the answers for smooth-shouldered weapons (hunting rifles) are as follows:
NO to your guns acquired before 1 st December 2011, and not subject to a change of ownership; they are not necessarily declared (decree of October 7, 2011),
YES , if you plan to register these same smooth weapons on your European firearms booklet,
YES , for all rifles acquired from the 1 st December 2011. It was then on the "Register" under this regime, disappears with the D1, replaced by the regime of a statement under a category C to which they have belonged since 2018,
YES , for all semi-automatic shotguns with regular smooth barrels for hunting (3 shots cat. C).
WARNING : This will probably change at the start of 2022 with the deployment of the new Weapons Information System for individuals.

As of 08/01/2021, the response for rifled shoulder weapons (hunting rifles) is as follows:
YES, all your hunting rifles and recreational rifles (22LR or Air rifles above 20 Joules) must be declared. They belong to category C subject to the declaration regime .

How can I declare a weapon, or verify that it is declared?

The declaration of a weapon is done by a licensed professional (gunsmith or arms broker).
This declaration is systematic during a sale by a professional since August 2012 and mandatory for transfers between individuals . To be processed, the declaration file must include the following elements:
Presentation of the weapon object of the transfer,
Identity card of the new owner,
Identity card of the former owner,
Copy of the original declaration if it is a rifled weapon,
Hunting license and annual validation (current year or previous year) of the new owner,
Alternatively, a valid shooting license bearing the stamp of a doctor,
Proof of address of the new owner,
A check for 60 € for processing fees,
In the case of a succession, it is important to attach a certificate from the notary legitimately notifying the designated heir.
To find out if your weapons are properly declared in your name , you must make a personal request (personal data protection law) to your prefecture (regulatory department) which will consult the AGRIPPA file.
ATTENTION :
AGRIPPA will be replaced at the start of 2022 by the Information System on Weapons , which you can then consult yourself after having created your user account called "virtual rack" .
Any purchase of weapon by a professional, or sale between private individuals since 1 st January 2021, was treated simultaneously Agrippa (prefectures) and SIA (Based in Nanterre). So you already have, in this case, a virtual rack created, but which will only be available after full deployment of this new System managed by the Central Service for Weapons and Explosives in early 2022.

How can I register a weapon in my European firearms log or request its renewal?
These formalities have not changed to date. They do not go through a licensed professional (gunsmith or gun broker). The European firearms book remains the responsibility of the prefectures . On the other hand, it is necessary that your weapons be declared beforehand, in the right category if they are smooth weapons acquired before 2018.
It is therefore advisable to make the necessary checks, and declare, or re-declare, your rifle in category C to a professional, before sending your file for the renewal or modification of the European firearms booklet to your prefecture, using the attached form:
http://www.aude.gouv.fr/IMG/pdf/cerfa_1 ... 093c5e.pdf

How can I acquire a weapon, or declare my weapons in France without being able to prove my residence in France?
The possession of category C weapons on French territory is only authorized for French residents. To acquire a weapon or regularize your situation, you must then prove your residence in France and present an identity document with the address in France (CNI or Passport) or a residence permit (visa) duly validated by the authorities. French.
In the absence of this French resident status, the weapon can be sold to you, but never delivered by hand. It must be the subject of an Intra-European transfer or an export (non-EU countries), with all customary customs formalities for firearms.
It should be noted that this weapon may be reintroduced in France at a later date, under cover of the regulations relating to the European firearms book taken out in the country of residence. However, it will never be able to stay in the territory without its owner.
To remain on the territory, however, it may be subject to repairs / guarding by a professional. It will then be registered in the Digital Police Book of the professional thus responsible for the future of the weapon in the country."

Looks like we are going to be responsible for setting up the governments records on line. :loco:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Tighter Controls in France

Post by Niner » Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:17 am

What is the penalty if you ignore the "virtual gunrack"? Any fines or jail time? Who is going to enforce the new regulations?
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:51 am

Yes, there will be fines if you don't comply OR if you upload the wrong information :shock:
As for enforcing it, the Government will and they could revoke your licence............
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:58 am

Meanwhile in the US, the Supreme Court is, I hear, going to to decide what the Constitution really means in the US citizen's right to "keep and bare arms" when it comes to the question of should everyone who isn't forbidden by particular law, like former criminals, mentally ill, etc., if they have a right to walk down Main Street, or go into Wally World, with their own private weapon like in the days of the old wild West. The biggest howl against that idea, besides people who never actually owned a gun to start with, and people who are afraid of some Wally World shoppers even if unarmed, are the various county Sheriff's who sell the right to carry permits to the people who are paranoid or doing something dangerous and need a pistol on their person at all times.