Magazine ban.

Place to discuss gun laws around the world and general observations about the legal aspects of collecting in any country.

Moderator: Aughnanure

Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Magazine ban.

Post by Niner Delta » Sun Mar 06, 2022 11:01 pm

My state passed a magazine ban yesterday..... :evil: ..... Anything over 10 rounds, rifle or pistol.
What they actually banned is the manufacture, sale, or bringing into the state. Seems the hi-cap ones we
already have are OK to keep. Not sure yet how we will prove we already had them before the ban?
The senate and house both passed it on party lines, although a couple of democraps did vote no.
It becomes effective on July 1, 2022. It now goes to our idiot gov's desk where he has already said he
will sign it. Just one more foot in the door to banning everything else.
Living in liberal democrap land is so depressing....... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Magazine ban.

Post by Niner » Mon Mar 07, 2022 12:09 am

A guy on the Sunday Milsurp chat, Deadin, lives in Washington state and mentioned that new law with some amazement like you. Those of us online mostly agreed it was one more lunatic unnecessary law. Duncan, being domesticated in the UK, saw nothing to get upset with it though..... he figured that if a ten round magazine was good enough for an Enfield and two world wars then it ought to be good enough for everyone in any firearm...or something like that. I'm sure he will chip in with a clarification if I have distorted his opinion.
PeterN2

Post by PeterN2 » Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:51 pm

Does the ban apply to .22 rimfire as well or just centrefire rifles? How does the ban work on a tube magazine or is it just removable magazines? I have always wondered why the lawmakers seem obsessed with magazine capacity. It takes a second or two to change a magazine so magazine capacity seems a non issue to me.
Regards
Peter.
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:33 pm

I read that it did not apply to tube fed .22 rifles, not sure about .22 magazines.
I agree about the non issue, but politicians pander to the majority that elected them,
I guess that's how democracy is supposed to work. Even if I don't like it...... :roll:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.