NINDIGULLY PUB

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

NINDIGULLY PUB

Post by DuncaninFrance » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:54 am

ONE GREAT AUSSIE THING TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE ?
STOP FOR A BITE TO EAT AT THE NINDIGULLY PUB IN WESTERN QLD ?.
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (21.16 KiB) Viewed 4225 times
The tiny township of Nindigully is located on the edge of the Queensland outback - 160km west of Goondiwindi, about 530km west of Brisbane, and
approximately 70 km north of the Queensland/New South Wales border.
Nindigully Pub is Queensland 's oldest hotel, located in its original condition and position on the banks of the Moonie River . The licence was issued in
1864 after operating as shearers accommodation for the Nindigully Station.
The "boom" town has now been reduced to just two houses, the pub, the old general store and the town hall, with a population of six!
Nevertheless, it was voted the Best Country Pub in Australia in 2006 by 44 Australia magazine, and you can see why - it has become famous for its
truckie's feed of the Nindigully Road Train Burger this giant hamburger is served with French fries, onion rings and a selection of sauces, says it will
feed 1- 4 people, and costs $36 - the meat patty alone is 1.2kg!
image003.jpg
image004.jpg
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Re: NINDIGULLY PUB

Post by Niner Delta » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:01 pm

I want one of those burgers, I love those kind of giant things that you share. There was a little
Mom&Pop restaurant about 20 miles from here called Atlastaburger that had similar burger to that.
It was the usual, "If you eat it all by yourself, it's free." The wife and I would split one and she took
part of hers home. Like most of the fun things from years ago, it's gone now. Oh well........ :(

Maybe someday I'll get one, as Australia is the only foreign country I ever had any desire to visit.
In fact I had it all figured out when I was in Nam, my first R&R would be to Hawaii to see my wife,
then extend in Nam for a couple of months to get a 5-month early out, and if you extended, you
would get a 2nd R&R. And I was headed for Australia!!!
Then came the 9th pull-out and suddenly it looked like it was the right time to go, so I did......... :cool:

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:44 am

Of course you have the Heart Attack Grill http://www.heartattackgrill.com/ but that is just junk food not a 1" thick steak :lol: :lol:
Duncan

You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner Delta

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:55 pm

You don't even have to eat the food, the web site alone will give you a heart attack, or at
least a nervous breakdown, what a mess that site is.......... :shock: :shock:

Eating that kind of food is no different than smoking or being an alcoholic, you already know
how bad it is for you, but you do it anyway. It's your own foot you shoot. Whatever.....

@ And since I barely drink and don't smoke, I figure eating that kind of food once in a while is
good, otherwise I'd be perfect............. :cool: :mrgreen: :shock: :cool: :mrgreen: :shock:

( @ Disclaimer: The opinion stated above is probably not shared by anyone that knows me.)

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:31 am

Pobodies Nerfect Vern :shock:
Duncan

Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:26 am

I watch this show sometimes. Great food ideas from all over the US served up in all kinds of commercial establishments of the not swanky kind. If you watch it while you are eating supper you'll eat too much. It all looks good.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners ... dives.html