Sam Adams on the 4th of July

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Sam Adams on the 4th of July

Post by Niner » Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:34 pm

It was 70% rain forecast for today. BBQ questionable. Wife and daughter ordered king crab legs delivered. I took a chance and grilled a steak on the coal burner. It being 4th of July I thought I needed an American beer of the premium sort... no Pabst today. Picked up some Sam Adams ...from Boston. The tea party you know. Under the cap it said "cheers"....seems somewhat British to say that... but "over the teeth and past the gums look out stomach here it comes" must have been too long to print on the underside of the cap. Sam Adams does a good job of selling on the back label. The hop flavor was there but subtle as far as my taste buds and I wouldn't know the pedigree of the hops wherever it came from....but it is a premium beer I could tell. Steak got done just before the rain. Had to finish a cigar and a beer under the carport. Cheers!
Attachments
sam Adams.jpg
label.jpg
cheers.jpg