The only happy thing about Black Friday

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The only happy thing about Black Friday

Post by Niner » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:42 pm

My favorite thing about the day after Thanksgiving too. This has been my favorite after Thanksgiving sandwich since I was a small boy. It has to be made a specific way with no additions or modifications. No lettuce, no toast, no tomato, no sauce but mayonnaise. The jellied cranberry sauce is probably the soul that gives the turkey a reason for being. One bite and it brings back a lot of pleasant connections to the past....some way long ago.
Attachments
one.jpg
two.jpg
three.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The only happy thing about Black Friday

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Nice to know you enjoy keeping up a tradition!
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:47 pm

Milo's famous sweet tea jug you see in the photo is a take it or leave it beverage to go with the traditional sandwich. I poured out the wine from yesterday that is also traditional with turkey feasts. The sweet tea was a lot better for washing the sandwich down....or anything else. Wine will do as a once a year thing for the Thanksgiving dinner tradition because my parents always had a bottle of wine at the Thanksgiving table and is the only reason I buy the stuff once a year. I bought a bottle of some kind of California wine that cost about $12 and claimed on the label all sorts of fruity sweet tasting wonderful things to anyone who would drink the stuff. My brother brought a California wine worth about $3 with about equal promise. They both tasted about like 20 proof cough syrup.. but the $12 one tasted a bit sweeter. I sampled a glass of one and a glass of the other as did my brother. My wife and daughter weren't having a taste of either. Most of both bottles were poured down the drain and the bottles deposited with the trash. Some traditions are happier than others. :oops:
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by Niner Delta » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:41 pm

I am with you about the turkey sandwich the next day, minus the red stuff. White meat on white bread
with mayo, same brand only out west it is called Best Foods. I would have drank all your wine, sweet red is all
I drink. Of course, living alone I just drink it out of the bottle when I walk by the fridge..... :lol:
Since the governor here pretty much banned family get-togethers, this year was the first time in my entire life
that I ate a Thanksgiving dinner all alone. Luckily my cousin dropped off a complete turkey dinner with all the
trimmings for me, it was wonderful, so I was good..... :D
Hope all my fellow Colonials enjoyed your dinner as much as I did.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.