Red VS white BBQ sauce

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Red VS white BBQ sauce

Post by Niner » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:13 pm

It is a nice day today so for lunch instead of a hamburger or something else between two chunks of bread I wanted to try out White BBQ sauce and put some wings on the grill. I made a note to find some of the up state kind at the grocery last time I went. Somebody was raving about it on facebook being so great. There was only one choice so that told me something. The grocery shelves in Alabama are lined with many kinds of red bbq sauce to pick from with all sorts of variations and multiple manufacturers.

In the US there are various favorite forms of BBQ sauce depending on where you live. In North Alabama people seem to like white BBQ sauce. It has a distinct vinegar and mayo base. Down in the South we like our BBQ red and tomato base with honey and spices or smoke flavor or no telling what other things. Just wanted to compare the two. So... my wife taking a finger lick out of the bottle of white sauce decided she didn't want to be part of the experiment... I used mostly my favorite kind of sauce and only did three wings with the white sauce. The white sauce is on the wings with the flying part up in the photo.

And.... the result. The white has no flavor whatsoever that I can determine. It only kinda lubricates the outside. The red is hands down better.
Attachments
bottles.jpg
plate.jpg
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Red VS white BBQ sauce

Post by Niner Delta » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:33 pm

I must admit that I have never heard of white BBQ sauce. Maybe it just isn't as well known in the
west, not a BBQ expert but haven't seen it on a shelf in the store. Although I did more grilling in
SoCal and AZ with the nice weather year round, never saw it down there either....... live and learn....... :D

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.