When steaks are expensive grill pork chops

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

When steaks are expensive grill pork chops

Post by Niner » Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:41 pm

I tried a couple of thick cut pork chops tonight on the grill. Since they are about an inch and three quarters thick, and pork, I cooked them about 40 minutes over the charcoal fire to be sure they were done. No medium rare pork for me. And... ok....but not the same as steak. Might have been better with the tender side still on the bone.
Attachments
DSC03650.jpg
DSC03651.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: When steaks are expensive grill pork chops

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Sep 26, 2021 3:17 am

Tonight it will be Steak & Chips ( French fries to the colonies!) with a a fried egg on mine. Faux Fillet is Sirloin Steak. They also do an Entrecôte which is Rib.
IMG_20210926_100348.jpg
These are from our local Lidl supermarket and are very good value for money. I cook them in a dry fryer for 6-7 minutes which produces à point, pronounced pwan ( medium rare ). The 't' is silent :roll:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.