The Super Bowl beer

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The Super Bowl beer

Post by Niner » Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:14 pm

One of the commercials that is remembered from one Super Bowl to the next is the Budweiser commercials with Clydesdale horses. I was at the store yesterday and was thinking Super Bowl beer. I haven't had Bud in years. I used to not particularly like the taste and I wasn't a fan. However, the taste has changed ...I think. It's a bit actually smoother now. Maybe because the formula might have changed, although the label hasn't changed at all and says in print that it's the same. So when one of those 30 second multi million dollar commercials for Bud come on tomorrow I'll be in sink with it. It still isn't my actual favorite but will do just fine.
Attachments
DSC04174.jpg
DSC04174.jpg (656.4 KiB) Viewed 750 times
DSC04175.jpg
DSC04175.jpg (377.46 KiB) Viewed 750 times
Niner Delta
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: The Super Bowl beer

Post by Niner Delta » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:37 pm

I never liked the taste of Bud, Bud Light tasted a little better, but it was like drinking water...... :roll:
Used to drink more beer when I lived in the AZ heat, not so much here in the colder NW.

:USA:

Peace is that brief, quiet moment in history.......... when everybody stands around reloading.
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Sun Feb 13, 2022 3:58 am

Can't stand it!
Could be that it has a different taste here in Europe but it can't hold a candle to real 'lager beers' produced in Belgium, Germany and the Czech Republic IMO.
:bigsmile:
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Post by Niner » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Notice the rice as part of the content in the advertisement? German lager isn't likely to have rice in the mix I wouldn't think. Adolphus Busch came to America in the 1800's and he was German attempting to cater to the German immigrant customer. The first beer he produced was in the 1870's and the first to be pasteurized for retaining self life.

There is also a Czech beer that is called Budweiser and totally different.

It isn't the King of Beers because it is good but because it was the first to sell the most year after year......once upon a time.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Clipboard01.jpg (109.17 KiB) Viewed 738 times