Charcoal burner BBQ grills

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Charcoal burner BBQ grills

Post by Niner » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:22 pm

I pretty much fire up a grill at least once a week all year round. Where I live there are cold days and rainy days but in between there will be mild days with little to no rain all year round. I've got my BBQ grill battery that I use frequently. Today I was using the little Weber kettle because I only wanted to grill some sausage for lunch. Heats fast, burns only a handful of coal. Has a lid so smokes as it broils.

Last night I used the rectangular shaped one that's a bit larger. The Meco Swinger adjustable. I grilled some chicken. It's also good for the general run of uses and if I only had one grill this one would be the grill. But... grills that look like this often only come with only one grill height. The one I always get is one with an adjustable grill height. Grill nearness to the coal depends on how fast I want to cook something.....like steaks for instance as opposed to maybe a small pork loin with the grill raised up further from the heat.

The big round Weber is the super star. It is good for smoking something with indirect heat or grilling with direct heat. It bakes as it grills and there is temperature gauge in the lid. It's pretty deluxe with the lid holder and the ash trap and a grill hinged on two sides for adding fuel for longs slow cooking. I mostly use it for Pork Ribs or if I'm entertaining a few people.
Attachments
DSC05486.jpg
DSC05486.jpg (335.43 KiB) Viewed 331 times
DSC05487.jpg
DSC05487.jpg (275.96 KiB) Viewed 331 times
DSC05488.jpg
DSC05488.jpg (353.68 KiB) Viewed 331 times
DSC05489.jpg
DSC05489.jpg (290.89 KiB) Viewed 331 times