Seafood Gumbo

Food and Drink that we enjoy from all the places in the world where we pursue our milsurp collecting hobby. Share a favorite recipe that others may try. Tell us about your favorite wine, beer or other spirit. Cigars too.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Seafood Gumbo

Post by Niner » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:29 pm

I was talking to a friend of mine in Illinois last night on the Skype. He had a photo of a pot of what he called gumbo that he and his wife just made. And I gave him credit for adding shrimp and okra but his also adding sausage and too much garlic spoiled it for me. Since in the course of the conversation I sent him this recipe my wife makes and had it as a jpg I thought I'd add it here now. So....this is a Alabama gulf coast family recipe for gumbo that is often made this time of year and served with Christmas dinner....like a soup course. With each bowl you add a tablespoon or two or rice after served, depending on your taste.
Attachments
Clipboard01.jpg
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Seafood Gumbo

Post by Niner » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:46 pm

The Commander's Place recipe...according to Crystal hot sauce. Commander's Place is a famous New Orleans restaurant and the family that started Crystal hot sauce a few generations ago owned an interest in Commander's Place....so maybe it's really the recipe the restaurant uses. Who knows? It compares to the recipe I posted above this with some changes or additions, including adding oysters. I bet it would be good, authentic or not.

https://crystalhotsauce.com/recipes/com ... ood-gumbo/