Trafalgar Meeting pics

This forum is a Moderator choice forum for moving posts that exibit particularly outstanding contributions of information about firearms. Only posts that move past the main page make it here for a second look by choice of the moderators.

Moderators: Niner Delta, DuncaninFrance, Niner, joseyclosey, Miller Tyme, PeterN2, dhtaxi, Aughnanure, blackisler

dromia
Moderator Emeritus

Post by dromia » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:32 am

How did you do David?
ImageImage
dbm
Regular visitor

Post by dbm » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:41 pm

I don't know where I finished yet.

Vintage breech loader was OK - only the third time out with it at 900 yards. I was shooting a Deeley-Edge-Metford; this is an original action that has had a new stock and Metford barrel fitted. The lock is dated 1878 but is to the 1873 patent. It is chambered for the .45-2.6 cartridge. I scored 49, two points behind the person I shot with who was using a Browning Hi-Wall in the same calibre.

Muzzle loading match was a struggle with good hits (nine shots in the black) but some inexplicable misses which hammered score. Still it was a good day out in the sunshine doing what I enjoy!

David
David Minshall - www.researchpress.co.uk
Firearms, long range shooting and associated history
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Post by DuncaninFrance » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:15 pm

I have decided that I will try and make it over for the 2009 Meeting and it looks as though one of my friends from the club will also want to come. I have had an e.mail from Roger Speak, Firearms Liaison Officer, NRA with details of the Visitors permit and the 2008 fees so that is a start. If anyone can furnish me with any more details I would be much obliged.
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.

http://www.twgpp.org
http://www.andrewsinfrance.co.uk
Leading Member

Post by 24626151 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Permits are pretty easy to get, you will need a European firearms pass and that soon may overule the firearms permit as it is unconstitutional under EU law. If I am around drop me a line and I can organise some pheasant shooting and roe and fallow stalking!
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotomy!
http://bashingbambi.blogspot.com
PeterN2

Re: Trafalgar Meeting pics

Post by PeterN2 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:34 pm

I updated this to post the pics direct instead of the Photobucket links that don't work now.
Regards
Peter.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Trafalgar Meeting pics

Post by Niner » Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:37 pm

Good to see the photos again. Thanks for taking the time. Sad to see the old posts from guys who no longer visit the site from years before.