Sony RX100 vs Lumix DCZS70

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Sony RX100 vs Lumix DCZS70

Post by Niner » Tue Aug 21, 2018 8:59 pm

Took took two cameras I haven't had very long out for a run today. Digital cameras. The Sony RX100 has a bigger sensor by twice for better resolution and photo information gathering. The Lumix has an outstanding zoom with great reach. The Sony only has a modest wide angle to 100 mm reach...but it also fits in a pocket about like a pack of cigarettes used to once upon a time.

The Lumix could really reach out there. The long view of the B52 shows some ant size people at the nose of the plane. Then zoom out and .... no longer ants.

The Sony had good light gathering ability without flash and made really sharp photos throughout it's modest zoom range. Both worked fine with flash.

DSC08120.jpg
Sony RX100 Photos:
DSC00116.jpg
DSC00117.jpg
DSC00219.jpg
DSC00240.jpg
The Lumix DCZS70 photos:
P1000753.jpg
P1000766.jpg
P1000769.jpg
P1000845.jpg
P1000847.jpg
DuncaninFrance
Global Moderator Sponsor 2011-2017

Re: Sony RX100 vs Lumix DCZS70

Post by DuncaninFrance » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:00 am

Impressive results but think the Sony wins on colours rendition.......
Duncan

What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch? -- W.C. Fields
"Many of those who enjoy freedom know little of its price."
You can't fix Stupid, but you can occasionally head it off before it hurts something.
Niner
Site Admin

Re: Sony RX100 vs Lumix DCZS70

Post by Niner » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:41 am

I see the difference in quality more in subdued light and not using flash.

Submarine Drum passage way. Sony:
sub.jpg
Passageway Sub. Not really much worse than Sony thanks to all the light bouncing off of the shinny metal. Lumix:
Lumix no flash.jpg

This Lumix. No flash. Not enough light to get a clear image without a lot of noise in a larger view of the image.
dark.jpg

Sony. Passageway in battleship Alabama:
example one.jpg
Lumix... using flash inside of gun torrent... produces decent result. But sometimes you don't want to use the flash for one reason or the other. Like object you want to photograph is too far away..like at a concert, or if you want to take a photo of a menu in a not well lighted restaurant and the flash would just blind the text.
Lumix flash.jpg