The Falcon

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

The Falcon

Post by Niner » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:19 pm

I bought a 127 film camera I found interesting on ebay. So I found a really cheap Falcon camera on ebay that still had some film in it. I wanted the backing paper. The Falcon came alright but the more interesting camera didn't as the seller balked and didn't ship. So I had something to work with that I at first wasn't interested in as a camera.

The Falcon is a totally simple bakelite camera with meniscus lens, takes two images per frame and has two windows on the back so you take exposure one with the frame number in the bottom window and roll the film so the same number is in the top window and go for exposure two.

What I got had six frames exposed on 127 film and taken probably late 50's or early 60's. I did manage to develop the roll to the point that the first two images faintly appeared as they weren't ruined by light as the other exposures were. We refer to this now days as a toy camera and it was made 1939 to maybe a dozen years onward to the very early 1950's. Images looks like some child was taking photos with it. Amazing that anything came out at all.

I did the Bubba my own film think with some 35mm film taped to the backing of the film that was in the camera and tried to take some new images. The tracking didn't exactly pan out right. However, it was another camera adventure.
Attachments
img462.jpg
img462.jpg (24.32 KiB) Viewed 2023 times
img461.jpg
DSC08430.jpg
DSC08431.jpg
DSC08432.jpg
example3.jpg