Pentax ZX-5n

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Pentax ZX-5n

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:42 pm

Another camera that nobody into camera collecting values and few want. However, for $14 off of ebay....and most of that was shipping.... I wanted it. The Pentax ZX-5n. Hardly a name that pops into mind when film cameras are mentioned. It was produced in 1997 as a plastic case wonder with auto focus or manual and three choices of focus area plus all the usual at that time focus and exposure menu. B to 2000 shutter speeds. It also includes "panorama" mode and a date back and the shutter and f stop are shown in the viewing window in neon like red. It even has a built in flash and an extra shoe for an auxiliary flash.

In short....it works, but not without some glitches. The flash sometimes would be under powered... maybe the batteries from the drawer or trying to snap a photo too soon after the previous flash photo was the cause. There was some bunching of the negatives at the start of the roll with at least a slight overlap on the first two images... maybe load error on my part. However...... lots of end of the line features in a film camera. If you can pick one up cheap I'd suggest you consider it.
Attachments
DSC08517.jpg
DSC08515.jpg
DSC08512.jpg
img163.jpg
img140.jpg
img145.jpg