Pentax P3

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Pentax P3

Post by Niner » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:50 pm

Pentax P3 camera. I've had the one I shot today since sometime about 30 years ago. It was my second Pentax after the classic K1000. Pretty simple. No auto focus....but A program mode that shows you the shutter speed as it picks the aperture. Meter works in fully manual. Electronic light meter that shows lighted shutter speed in the window to left. One color for suggested shutter speed for whatever the aperture and one for what the camera is set on. It's like the K1000 as you balance shutter and aperture but you know the shutter speed without having to take your eye away from the view window. There's a self timer that is connected to the on and off switch....which is a good feature that is not a common one. It's smaller than the K1000 and lighter and a still fashionable black. Just wanted to see if it would still work. Put two new LR44's in it and loaded Kentmere 100 B&W. The film speed is automatically set as it reads the cartridge. Loads easier than the K1000...just put the leader up to a line and shut the back. It's one of those cameras that get no respect but should be considered at least respectable. You can pick one up on ebay for whatever you feel like paying. I used an old Vivitar 28-200 and a Pentax 1.7 50mm.
Attachments
DSC00376.jpg
DSC00380.jpg
img052.jpg
img056.jpg
img055.jpg