Honeywell Pentax H3

I started this forum for any collecting hobby and it turned into my camera collecting and using forum. I use it mostly to keep a record of my photo adventures. Nobody but me seems to have photo adventures that visit here....but however. I have so many cameras now that I forget which is which and which ones work and which ones don't. If you have cameras and adventures you would be welcome to post here.

Moderator: DuncaninFrance

Niner
Site Admin

Honeywell Pentax H3

Post by Niner » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:49 pm

One of the earlier Pentax SLR offerings. The H3 sold by Honeywell in the US. Total mechanical No meter. No flash shoe. But...it did offer speeds from B to 1000, unlike the first Spotmatics that came about three years later in 1964 that only reached 1/500 in the first batch. The back opened a little differently than later Pentax models. You had the early standard feature used in the camera industry of the downward to open clip on the side of the camera to get into the back to load or unload film. It uses the then standard M42 lens. It has that really great cla-click sound as the cloth shutter is triggered. Even with a pentaprism housing that shows the camera being dropped onto a hard surface, it keeps on working without any slacking.

I was looking at an add on Honeywell Pentax vintage meter with a bracket to fit the camera the other day. Somebody was trying to sell it for more than I was going to pay. Things were primitive back about six decades ago to need such a thing and while thinking momentarily on the prospec it suddenly occurred to me that I couldn't remember using this camera. Turns out I did after I bought it in the early part of 2019 and I had made a post about it on a facebook site. That post is no doubt about as lost as if I had never made it. I scanned the first test negatives and show some of them here.
Attachments
DSC01569.JPG
DSC01566.JPG
DSC01567.jpg
img391.jpg
img395.jpg
img401.jpg